Happy New Year and welcome colder temperatures! You may be excited about winter and all that comes with it; the snow, skiing, and warm fires, but your skin is less than excited. Being exposed to the low humidity, harsh winds, cold temperatures, and dry indoor heat of winter can cause a lot of damage to your skin. And let’s face it, (pun intended) dry, flaky, and even chapped skin is uncomfortable and many times unsightly.
So, don’t let winter ravage your skin! Start the New Year off by following these simple steps to combat the effects of winter:
- Choose a moisturizer with high quality ingredients. Be sure to use a moisturizer that contains hyaluronic acid, like Bloom Mineral Beauty Deep Moisturizing Shield. Hyaluronic acid draws water from the lower levels of the skin while the other ingredients like, aloe vera, sooth the skin and lock in the moisture.
- Shower in warm water.Showering in hot water has a drying effect on your skin. The hot water can actually break down the lipid barrier on your skin, causing you to lose moisture. As much as possible, avoid hot baths and showers.
- Use a moisturizer immediately after you shower. By applying moisturizer immediately after showering, you seal in the water on your skin.
- Use a moisturizer specifically for those tough to heal areas like your hands and feet. Hands and feet are especially susceptible to dry and cracked skin. BLOOM MINERAL’S FOOT CREAM combines Dead Sea mineral salts with calendula and Aloe Vera extract; a formula that helps your feet feel smooth and refreshed. BLOOM’S HAND CREAM is fortified with Vitamins and Essential Fatty Acids, and contains Dead Sea mineral salts enriched with vitamins A, E & F (linoleic acid), which can aide in healing chapped, dry or cracked hands.
- Make sure your moisturizer is free of all harmful ingredients. Like Bloom Mineral Beauty products, be sure to find a moisturizer that is free of the following harmful ingredients
Cruelty-Free, no animal testing
- Eat foods that are rich in essential fatty acids. Foods like nuts and seeds, (especially walnuts and flaxseeds) olive oil, and salmon have been shown to help skin cells stay hydrated.
By following these simple steps and only using moisturizers containing the highest quality ingredients, you can enjoy a New Year free from the harmful effects of winter.